The US Play Coalition is now accepting proposals for recorded Educational and Research Sessions for the 2021 VIRTUAL Conference on the Value of Play: PLAY IS SURVIVAL.
The conference will have dozens of recorded educational and research sessions available online from April 1 through June 1, 2021.
“PLAY IS SURVIVAL” will explore play across the lifespan, play in the workplace, play in the classroom and address universal issues of access, equity, inclusion and more.
The latest research and practices in the field of play will be presented at the play conference, which brings together play researchers, park and recreation professionals, camp professionals, educators, health scientists, architects, landscape architects, business and community leaders, psychologists, physicians, museum professionals, students and parents from across the globe.
At the Conference on the Value of Play, we have long relied on scholars, practitioners and industry leaders to share their expertise on various aspects of play. We hope you will join us virtually in the interest of public health, wellness, safety and education!
Important Information for Prospective Presenters:
- See “Session Theme Tracks” below. You will be asked to select two that best fit your presentation.
- We use a double-blind peer review process for all submissions.
- We expect our presenters to share knowledge, research and experiences. Sessions are NOT an opportunity to promote specific products or services.
- Typically, our in-person sessions are 50 minutes long. For recorded sessions, 50 minutes is still doable for those with a very in-depth presentation or with a panel of speakers. However, we realize that may not be possible for everyone without the live interactions and Q&A. Recognizing this, we ask that recorded sessions be AT LEAST 15 minutes and a max of 90 minutes for a panel. Of course, we welcome anything in between!
- Accepted presenters will receive more details about how to properly record their session.
- Accepted recorded sessions must be received by Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Accepted presenters are NOT reimbursed for conference registration or for expenses incurred to record presentations.*
- All accepted presenters are expected to register for the conference.*
Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
Notification of acceptance/rejection: Friday, January 15, 2021.
If you have questions or experience difficulties during proposal submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org