Want a PLAYful way to earn AIA CEUs?! Come to the 2018 Conference on the Value of Play: The Many Faces of Play, April 8-11 at Clemson University.
More than 8 hours of our sessions have been approved for AIA learning units – two sessions also approved for HSW credits (all are approved for LA CES with NCBLA pending too!)
Check out these AIA approved sessions (all are one hour unless noted):
- Effective Playground Protective Surfacing: The Key Element for Risk Assessment under the new ASTM F1487 (*3.5 hours, separate registration required – HSW and LU)
- Inclusive Design for the Aquatic Splash Pad (HSW and LU)
- Community-Based Strategies for Building and Activating Inclusive Playgrounds
- Learning to Build
- Lighting Play Environments for Today & the Future (also approved for AIA CEUs)
- Shhh! There’s a Playspace coming to the Library!
- Your Senses at Play! Explore playground designs and programs that support children with Autism.
Special registration options are available for schools, non-profits, and government agencies looking to send 4 or more delegates. Contact Stephanie Garst for more information.
The Conference on the VALUE of Play
The Play Conference, as it is commonly known, is an annual educational conference presented by the US Play Coalition. The latest research and practices in the field of play are presented at the conference, which brings together play researchers, park and recreation professionals, educators, health scientists, architects, landscape architects, designers, planners, business and community leaders, psychologists, physicians and parents from across the U.S. and beyond. The three day event includes keynote and featured speakers, round tables on critical issues and trends, research symposium for academics, educational sessions for practitioners, action and research grant opportunities, PLAYtalks and PLAYinstitutes, networking, EPIC play breaks and more.