Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/usplay/wp-content/themes/us-play-coalition/library/plugins.php on line 123
Want a PLAYful way to earn AIA and LA CES CEUs?! Come to the 2018 Conference on the Value of Play: The Many Faces of Play, April 8-11 at Clemson University.
More than 18 hours of our sessions have been approved for LA CES credits. Over 9 hours of our sessions have been approved for AIA learning units – two sessions also approved for HSW credits (NCBLA credits are pending too!).
Check out these LA CES approved sessions below. AIA designation indicated where applicable. All are one hour unless noted:
- Effective Playground Protective Surfacing: The Key Element for Risk Assessment under the new ASTM F1487 (*3.5 hours, separate registration required – AIA HSW and LU)
- Inclusive Design for the Aquatic Splash Pad (AIA HSW and LU)
- Community-Based Strategies for Building and Activating Inclusive Playgrounds (AIA LU)
- Learning to Build (AIA LU)
- Lighting Play Environments for Today & the Future (AIA LU)
- Shhh! There’s a Playspace coming to the Library! (AIA LU)
- Your Senses at Play! Explore playground designs and programs that support children with Autism (AIA LU)
- A Walk on the Wild Side: Connecting Play and Zoo Walkways
- Availability and Quality of Urban Play Spaces in The East Africa Community: A Critical Assessment
- Just Play Project: Ithaca: Designing the Child-Friendly City!
- Sensory Play: An Integral Component of Inclusive Recreation
- Shaped by Play: The Formative Role of Play and Playgrounds
- The Butterfly Effect: Building on the Big Idea
- The Many Spaces of Play: The Many Faces of Children
- Water Play and Children’s Complex Scientific Explorations
- Zoos as a Nature Play Destination: Nature Playgrounds at Bronx Zoo and Houston Zoo
Special registration options are available for schools, non-profits, and government agencies looking to send 4 or more delegates. Contact Stephanie Garst for more information.
The Conference on the VALUE of Play
The Play Conference, as it is commonly known, is an annual educational conference presented by the US Play Coalition. The latest research and practices in the field of play are presented at the conference, which brings together play researchers, park and recreation professionals, educators, health scientists, architects, landscape architects, designers, planners, business and community leaders, psychologists, physicians and parents from across the U.S. and beyond. The three day event includes keynote and featured speakers, round tables on critical issues and trends, research symposium for academics, educational sessions for practitioners, action and research grant opportunities, PLAYtalks and PLAYinstitutes, networking, EPIC play breaks and more.