The US Play Coalition is partnering with the Multicultural Play Therapy Center at UNC Charlotte to offer a Play Therapy Forum, shedding light on the therapeutic power of play. This special series is one of our new Play Forums for the 2022 IN PERSON Conference on the Value of Play.
“There is more evidence now than ever that children need play in order to live healthy lives, and play therapy is improving children’s mental health and overall well-being all over the world,” according to the Association for Play Therapy.
The Play Therapy Forum will help kickoff the conference on Sunday, April 3. Sessions include:
- Healing from Trauma: Play Therapy Principles for Intergenerational Relationship and Connection
– Jennifer Geddes Hall, PhD, LPC/S, ACS, RPT and Jill C. Shelnut, PhD
- Time for a Reboot: Prescribing NaturePlay Therapy for Emotional Wellness for Children, Teens and Families
– Jamie Lynn Langley, LCSW, RPT-S
- The Power of Play Therapy – Jessie Guest, PhD
- Understanding Play Therapy, the Barriers, and How to Break Through for School Counselors!
– Jill Van Horne, Jill Van Horne, PhD, LCMHC-S, NCPSC, NCC, RPT-S, EAGALA Certified
- A special poster session by graduate students studying Play Therapy at the University of South Carolina
Register for the full 2022 Play Conference or choose the Play Therapy Forum (Sunday) ONLY/Single Day option for just $75 (includes lunch).
Eligible participants may earn APT and NBCC credits (additional fee required). Approved Providers: APT Approved Provider #07-191 and NBCC Approved Provider #4208
The Conference on the VALUE of Play
The Play Conference, as it is commonly known, is an annual educational conference presented by the US Play Coalition. The latest research and practices in the field of play are presented at the conference, which brings together play researchers, educators, health scientists, architects, landscape architects, designers, planners, park and recreation professionals, business and community leaders, psychologists, physicians and parents from across the U.S. and beyond. The 2022 IN PERSON Conference on the Value of Play: THE NATURE OF PLAY explores play across the lifespan, play in the workplace, play in the classroom and address universal issues of access, equity, inclusion and more.
Multicultural Play Therapy Center at UNC Charlotte
The mission of the Multicultural Play Therapy Center is to provide educational and supervision experiences for professional therapists in this region to support the emotional growth of children from diverse cultures through the process of play therapy. Play therapy training enables professionals to develop a therapeutic relationship with children aged 2½ – 10 using materials and communication skills that match the developmental needs of the child. Learn more about our upcoming Multicultural Play Therapy Center Conference