The Fran P. Mainella Play Conference Scholarship is awarded annually for new professionals, young professionals, and new-to-play professionals that could not otherwise attend the conference.
Fran P. Mainella, the first woman to serve as National Park Service Director, is co-founder of the US Play Coalition. She is one of America’s leading play advocates and a change leader for our organization.
For the 2021 Virtual Play Conference, TEN recipients of the Fran P. Mainella Play Conference Scholarship will have their 2021 Play Conference registration fees waived (or refunded if already paid).
Eligible recipients include:
- New professionals (less than 5 years)
- Young professionals (under 30)
- New-to-play professionals (less than 5 years involved with play-related initiatives in their job)
To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a member of the US Play Coalition at time of application. Membership is free, and simply requires a declaration of shared commitment to the value of play. Click here to become a member if you are not already.
- Submit a completed application online (see below). Applications are due by 11:59pm EST on March 15, 2021.
- Provide a letter of recommendation (part of the online application).
- Winners will be announced by March 31, 2021.
The 2021 application process has closed. Please consider applying for a 2022 Scholarship later this year.