The Fran P. Mainella Play Conference Scholarship is awarded annually for new professionals, young professionals, and new-to-play professionals that could not otherwise attend the conference.
Fran P. Mainella, the first woman to serve as National Park Service Director, is co-founder of the US Play Coalition. She is one of America’s leading play advocates and a change leader for our organization.
For the 2022 IN PERSON Play Conference, recipients of the Fran P. Mainella Play Conference Scholarship will have their conference registration fees waived (or refunded if already paid).
Eligible recipients include:
- New professionals (less than 5 years)
- Young professionals (under 30)
- New-to-play professionals (less than 5 years involved with play-related initiatives in their job)
To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a member of the US Play Coalition at time of application. Membership is free, and simply requires a declaration of shared commitment to the value of play. Click here to become a member if you are not already.
- Submit a completed application online (see below). Applications are due by 11:59pm PT on March 5, 2022.
- Provide a letter of recommendation (part of the online application).
- Winners will be announced by March 10, 2022.
The 2022 application process has closed. Please consider applying for a 2023 Scholarship.