Check out this sneak peek of some of the amazing educational and research symposium sessions we have planned for the 2022 IN PERSON Conference on the Value of Play: THE NATURE OF PLAY, April 2-6 in Clemson, SC.
Below is an alphabetical list of some of the session titles.
The detailed conference schedule is coming soon!
- AAA Play: Examining Play as The Linchpin to Learning
- Active Play: What Role Did It Have in Our Evolutionary Past and How Vital Is It for Our Future?
- Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie, Who’s Not Ready Holler Eye
- Authentic Learning and Play Through Intergenerational Connections in Makerspaces
- Being Mindfully Curious to Discover Our Inner Play Being
- Bringing Kids Imagination to Life in Outdoor Play Through Augmented Reality
- Built and Social Nature of Neighborhoods Impact Women’s Play
- Coming To Our Senses: Envisioning Spaces for Play on A University Campus
- Community Edinburgh (Inspiration from Scotland)
- Contextual Play Hackathon – Creating Meaningful Play Solutions
- Controversial Play: Weapon, Fantasy and Risky Play-Why They Are Important and How to Support Them
- COVID Roadblocks Disrupting Play Opportunities: Fighting Back
- Creating Ecosystems of Play: The Synergies of Systems
- Developing A Love of Learning and Health Through Nature-Based Play Spaces
- Don’t Throw It Away! Make Something and Play!
- Earth Tones
- Experiential Spaces as Immersive Playscapes for Adult Players
- Exploration In Forests of Learning: Play-Based Ecosystems
- Get Up, Get Out, And Play Naturally!
- A Glimpse Beyond the United States: Considering the Trajectories of Play Via The ‘Land Down Under’
- How Global PLAY Has Influenced PLAY In the Early Years of Australian Schools
- “It Felt like Complete Chaos…at First” – A Student-Led Play Day with Non-Profit
- Just Playing: Towards A Universal Ethic of Play
- Körperkoordinationstest Fur Kinder (KTK): Assessing Motor Coordination Differences in Children Recess
- The Meaning of Play and Its Implications for Equitable Design in Outdoor Urban Spaces
- Mindfulness in a Bag – Bringing Social/Emotional Learning to life through Brown Bag Play
- National Study of Playgrounds
- Naturally, It’s Child’s Play!
- A New Perspective on Urban Playscapes: A Case Study Method
- Parent Motivations for Enrolling Young Children in Early Enrichment Programs
- Park Ranger Emergency Response Training Needs
- Play As Liberation: Exploring Self-Directed Education
- Play Protocols: Maximizing Learning Through Play
- Playcemaking: Designing Nature Playscapes with Children
- The Playful Life: The Power of Play in Our Every Day
- Playful Literacy Instruction: Making Learning Joyful and Culturally Responsive
- The Playful Remake: Repurpose Tried and True Activities to Make Them Playful
- The Power of Play Therapy
- The Power of Quality Recess: Why You? Why Now? And How?
- Recess Policy Implementation: Beliefs and Perceptions of Site-Based Decisions-Makers
- Second Nature: Technologies Enabling and Enriching Play in the 2020’s
- The State of Play: The State of Children’s Physical Activity and Access to Community Opportunities for Play in The U.S.
- Supporting Health Equity and Environmental Resilience Through Green Playgrounds
- Teaching For Social Justice: Honest Teaching of History While Building Community Through Playfulness
- Teaching Off Trail
- Time For a Reboot: Prescribing Natureplay for Emotional Wellness for Children, Teens and Families
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn: Equity and Play
- What Did You Do in School Today? Developing Class Books Around Children’s Play Experiences.
- YES, I Have An IEP! Climbing, Forts and Snakes: Risky Playing My Way to College, Career and Beyond!
- You Can’t Fall from That: What National Playground Standards Could Learn from Childcare Regulations
The Conference on the VALUE of Play
The Play Conference, as it is commonly known, is an annual educational conference presented by the US Play Coalition. The latest research and practices in the field of play are presented at the conference, which brings together play researchers, educators, health scientists, architects, landscape architects, designers, planners, park and recreation professionals, business and community leaders, psychologists, physicians and parents from across the U.S. and beyond. The 2022 IN PERSON Conference on the Value of Play: THE NATURE OF PLAY explores play across the lifespan, play in the workplace, play in the classroom and address universal issues of access, equity, inclusion and more.